Allows users to create block instances of predefined block types registered by other modules.
Difference to core blocks:
- Modules register block "types".
- Administrators can spawn new instances of a block type.
- Block instances are entities.
- Unless a block type opts out, Block API takes over the storage of configuration settings per block instance.
An example API implementation is available in a hidden testing module, which provides the equivalent of custom blocks in core; i.e., a simple title and HTML body.
Block API itself provides no block types on its own.
There's a hidden Custom block type sub-module under development, which:
- Allows to create new, administrator-defined custom block types (leveraging Entity API module).
- Allows to add fields to all registered block types.
The sub-module is not fully implemented yet. If you'd like to use this sub-module in production, please help with development and iron out the remaining issues.
|7.x-1.x-dev||tar.gz (15.88 KB) | zip (21.38 KB)||2013年9月30日||发布说明||简 | 繁 | 更多|