This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Similar to ImageCache, this module provides functions to alter and save audio files on your host. Although it doesn't make use of actual caching yet, you can set up presets for conversion and re-compression of audio source files.
Up to this point, AudioCache has a strong dependency to the SoX API which takes care of the actual conversion.
- Convert and re-compress file formats available through the SoX API (currently MP3/WAV/FLAC)
- Create different presets for different use cases in the UI
- Add CCK support for filefield
- Add support for Storage API, or integrate a similar service
- Add actual caching for better performance
- Add effect filter support through SoX API
- Add global options for SoX API (normalizing for instance)
- Add Ubercart Files integration (creating derivates for selling and linking files to nodes)
Both modules (AudioCache & SoX API) are currently in heavy development, so you may not want to test them on a production server. Nonetheless, feel free to test and contribute to the code as it still lacks essential features!