This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Want to highlight text, clip a video, or select a section of an image? This module is CCK nodereference on steroids. Annotation Field references not just a node, but a specific revision, field, and intra-field information (like a portion of text).
AnnotationField, itself, is the framework for Annotator field modules to annotate specific field types. Included in this module are three sub-modules:
- /videoannotation (currently clips youtube videos with the emfield module)
- /imageannotation (currently allows box selection of images from the image module)
- /textannotation (currently works on the Body field of a node and CCK text fields)
This is still in development and unstable, but feedback and use cases are welcome. Check out the demo site, to see what's currently doable.
- better UI
- Panels view for annotation list on an asset
- Panels view for opening an annotation ajax-style
- embeddable annotations in wysiwyg
- support multiple annotations
- support annotations on multi-item fields
- tons more
This work is sponsored by the Columbia University Center for New Media Teaching and Learning (CCNMTL)
Text annotation currently uses code from the Marginalia project